What is The Theological?
The Theological is online magazine built to provide the modern Christian with quality Biblical content. In a world with so much digital media, almost all of which is vying for your constant attention, The Theological seeks to provide content that is Scripturally sound and edifying for the Christian man or woman.
What forms of media does The Theological provide?
The Theological will provide several forms of media. You can expect the following forms when browsing The Theological.
Articles will be the most common form in which media is provided. Articles will be between 750 to 1000 (most times) and will be designed to be short reads to provide commentary on various Biblical passages and topics.
Video will be another popular form of media. While predominantly used in the Tutorials section, videos may also be utilized in other sections where a recording and/or screen share will better present information.
Devotions will be roughly 300 word articles that will be designed to encourage meditation on specific passages. Devotions will not be released daily, but can be accessed daily for your personal devotional time with God.
Resources will be the last form of media and will be designed to provide supplemental information to the commentaries provided. This may include glossaries, maps, charts, etc.
What kind of content will be available on The Theological?
The Theological will provide content in 8 major sections:
Devotions and Resources have already been covered in Forms of Media, but the other 6 content categories will be briefly overviewed here.
- Exposition – This will include articles and videos that break down Biblical passages and discuss the meaning and application of each.
- Themes – This will cover topics in the day-to-day life and examine how the Christian should deal with each according to God’s Word.
- History – This will provide various research and commentary on Jewish and Church history.
- People – This will include studies and overviews of the various people of Scripture.
- Places – This will cover reference material about the places discussed in the Bible.
- Tutorials – This section, predominantly in video form, will include tutorials on Bible software as well as training on Biblical study (for those interested).
What is the goal of The Theological?
The goal is to provide sound Biblical teaching for modern Christian, specifically, the layperson. Not every Christian has the means or the desire to attend seminary and receive formal training in that manner. However, that does not mean that training and instruction are not needed or desired. Therefore, The Theological seeks to bridge that gap by providing Christian instruction and exhortation, but in a manner that is readily accessible and easy to digest.
How should I read The Theological?
Since God’s Word is the ultimate authority and truth for all things, it is highly recommended that you compare everything you read here with God’s Word itself. Much like the Bereans examined Scripture when Paul witnessed to them (Acts 17:11), it is highly encouraged study God’s Word individually to ensure that what you read here is consistent with God’s Word. If you are ever faced with a scenario where God’s Word differs from The Theological… side with God’s Word.
What does The Theological believe?
While there will be a more in depth article outlining the beliefs of The Theological, a simple statement of faith is as follows:
- Creation – God created the world in 6 days out of nothing.
- Trinity – God exists in 3 persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah, fully God and fully man
- Salvation – Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ
- God’s Word – God’s Word is inspired by God and is complete, inerrant, absolute, and sufficient for all things
- End Times – Jesus Christ will return again to call home His church and reign forever as King of kings and Lord of lords
While more could be defined, the above definition covers the core of The Theological’s beliefs.
How often is content posted?
As of this posting, there is no regular posting schedule for The Theological.
Hopefully the information in this article proves useful and serves as a starting point and guide for what to expect when browsing The Theological. Above all things, it is my hope that each of us grow towards Christ in all that we do and that the name of Christ is preached and praised in our world!